Employee wage and hour laws in California are governed by both the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and California’s state laws. These laws provide critical protections such as establishing the federal minimum wage, setting rules for overtime, creating standards for child labor, and requiring equal pay for men and women performing the same jobs. Supervisors are not required to memorize the FLSA and California state laws, but they do need to be able to spot potential problem areas and respond accordingly. This course will help employees understand the wage and hour laws and how to apply them.
- How to Raise a Concern or Report a Complaint
- What is the Fair Labor Standards Act?
- Holiday and Other Paid Time Off
- Overtime Compensation
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Additional Laws Governing California Employers
- Complaints of Wage and Hour Issues