Suz Oliva / Senior Compliance Manager
Your road to equal employment opportunity compliance is the road you create by day-to-day employment decisions made by your management team on behalf of your employment base. Here are four issues that could cost your company if you don’t update your affirmative action plan.
- Underrepresentation: Certain groups may be underrepresented in leadership positions, perpetuating a glass ceiling, and limiting career advancement opportunities for specific demographics. When placement goals are revealed OFCCP will request to review documentation related to the job group. fpSOLUTIONS recommends you review your selection policies and process.
- Discrimination Claims: The absence of a proactive plan may increase the likelihood of discrimination claims based on race, gender, or other protected characteristics, leading to legal and reputational consequences.
- Legal Compliance Issues: Companies may face legal challenges if they are not in compliance with equal employment opportunity regulations, leading to potential fines and legal consequences.
- Talent Acquisition Challenges: Companies may face difficulties attracting top talent if they are perceived as lacking clear recruitment and selection initiatives, affecting their competitiveness in the job market.
So, what now?
Having your current affirmative action plan in place is not enough to be in OFCCP compliance. The list of compliance demands requires full plan implementation. What to do when your analysis results reveal a questionable finding and what is your defense? Here are just a few of the analysis that are reviewed during an OFCCP audit:
- Outreach and recruiting
- Adverse Impact for Hires vs. Applicants, promotions vs. internal applicants, terminations.
- EEO Categories
- Pay Equity
- Placement Goals for females and/or minorities; disabled and/or veterans
- Placement Goals from year to year in the same job group
No matter the dollar amount of your government contract or the size of your company, Your government contract is valuable. Protect your federal government contract/subcontract with our compliant Affirmative Action Plan. FpSOLUTIONS has the expertise and the years of experience to write an affirmative action plan, guide you in your plan implementation and meet OFCCP regulations.
To ask for an RFI (Request for Information) simply fill out this form. Or reach out to Suzanne Oliva at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will assign an experienced consultant to answer any questions in a timely manner.
Further reading to help you stay in compliance: Preparing For Your Corporate Scheduling Announcement Letters (CSAL)